Do you care about getting enough iron in your diet? Do you justify your steak by telling yourself you are “getting your iron?”
Let’s stop that nonsense.
Did you know that your body absorbs iron best when paired with vitamin C? In case you missed this post, learn about maximum iron absorption again. It is for this reason that this salad is great.
We all know about spinach being an excellent source of iron, yes?
What does this mean?
Spinach (Iron) + Sunflower Seeds (Iron) + Yellow Peppers (Vitamin C)= Awesome Iron-Clad Salad because your body is actually absorbing the iron.
Iron-Clad Spinach Salad
- 5 oz bag organic baby spinach leaves
- 1/4-1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
For the dressing:
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/ tsp all-purpose seasoning
1) Add spinach, sunflower seeds, and diced yellow pepper to your salad bowl.
2) Drizzle dressing over the salad, toss well to incorporate.