Ok, here’s the deal. It is my turn to bring the “team snack” to baseball. First off, who the heck ever thought of starting team snack after sports?? I know that when I was little we never had parents bringing baggies of goldfish for the whole team. Can’t we just high five and call it a day?
What’s a healthy mom to do??
My son’s criteria for the team snack:
- junky (Cheetos)
- something not embarrassing (not carrots and hummus)
- non-junky (nothing with the words “hydrogenated”)
- Try to not embarrass. (I realize your teammates will unfriend you if I bring kale chips)
Strawberry and cake kabobs
Aka: A Non-embarrassing snack for a team of hungry baseball players
- kabob sticks
- angel food cake
- dark chocolate chips (optional, but good for bonus points)
- 1 can pumpkin (yup, pumpkin)
- 1 box brownie mix
Thread your kabobs in whichever pattern you’d like. I kind of bounced around a bit, trying to keep mine colorful.
Optional chocolate topping: Easy: Just melt your chips in your microwave in 20 seconds intervals, stirring in between until melty, drippy, oozing.
The verdict: These were a hit. Not hard to make, and if I had to do this again (which I will), I would probably nix the angel food cake and just alternate the strawberries and pumpkin brownie. This fit the bill. Super easy, and embarrassment free. Can’t guarantee next time will be. 🙂