So remember that post about tempeh?
Here is a fast and simple salad to add to your rotation. Thought for sure that the my-foodie-call kids would balk at the miso dressing. But surprisingly, things were a-okay.
Miso Tempeh Salad
Serves 5 hungry peeps.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated, fresh ginger (or sub 1/8 teaspoon dry ground ginger)
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons miso
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8 oz) package tempeh
- 2 (5 oz) bags baby spinach leaves (or mixed greens)
- 4 carrots, shredded (or about 2 cups store-bought shredded)
What you do:
1. Cut and cube your tempeh
2. For your dressing: Mix together the first 7 ingredients blending well. Your best bet is to use a blender (or Vitamix), but if you have mad skills, go ahead and use a whisk.
3. Use your food processor’s shredding blade to grate those carrots.
4. Distribute the greens equally on the plates. Sprinkle carrots evenly over your greens. Add your tempeh. Drizzle with your dressing.