Need a pancake recipe for this weekend?
Do you like banana pancakes? Almonds?
Try this pancake recipe that combines the two.
- 2 cups almond meal (Find this at Trader Joe’s for dirt cheap, Whole Foods for super expensive, or make your own by grinding almonds down in your food processor until it is powdery like flour.)
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 ripe bananas (A great way to sweeten recipes. Keep those brown bananas!)
- 4 eggs
- 2-3 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- coconut oil for cooking
- In a large bowl, combine the almond meal, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt
- In a separate bowl, mash the banana, then whisk in the eggs, honey, and milk.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients, but do not over do it. Just until combined, okay?
- Heat your pan to medium-low heat, and melt your coconut oil on it.
- Spoon your batter into 2-3 inch circles, and cook until the edges lift.
- Flip, and cook.
- Serve with syrup, peanut butter or yogurt.