Another pancake day favorite.
Here is my version of the Pink Pancake:
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup vanilla greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup beet puree (I just buy a couple of cans of beets, puree in the food processor, and freeze pre-portioned bags so that they are ready to go when the “pink pancake” request is made)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups pancake mix (I use a boxed, whole wheat mix from the grocery store)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- non-stick cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons canola oil (or coconut oil if you are ready to step up your “health game”)
- powdered sugar (optional)
- In a blender or food processor, combine water, yogurt, beet puree, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Pour blended mixture into a medium size bowl. Add pancake mix and applesauce. Stir to combine, but do not over mix. It will be a bit lumpy.
- Spray your pan, set temp between medium low-medium. Use your oil to coat your pan. Pour out your batter and cook until a few bubbles form. Flip.
- Dusting with powdered sugar always scores bonus brownie points with the family.
|The end result is fantastic. Enjoy.|