Another family favorite.
This has been known to make an appearance for dinner. (insert gasp) Ok, I’ll skip the drama, but seriously, it is that good. And super easy.
The only problem is, I never seem to make enough. I end up picking at lonely cinnamon crumbles off the pan. (insert sigh)
A few things about the ingredients:
- The apples– If possible, try to buy organic. These are the highest sprayed fruit of all the bunch.
- Truvia– I gave the option of swapping out the sugar for Truvia. Do you know about Truvia? A natural, SAFE sugar alternative. Sold everywhere.
On to the recipe….
Healthy Breakfast Apple Crisp
8-10 small apples, sliced (I do not peel. Fiber baby! I used a 2 lb bag of organic gala apples)
1 cup rolled oats
4 tablespoons sugar (health boost? substitute 3 packets Truvia)
4 teaspoons canola oil (or coconut oil)
8 teaspoons whole wheat flour
2 heaping tsp. cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 9×13 in baking dish with cooking spray. Place apples in baking dish.
2. Mix together the oats, sugar (or Truvia), oil, flour, and cinnamon until it forms a nice crumble. Sprinkle the crumble mixture on top of the apples.
3. Bake until they are cooked (40-45 minutes depending on your preference)
Bonus feature: Your house will smell amazing.
Serves: 3-4. Depends on who is eating it!