Posted at 8:00 pm
We all do quinoa right? Gluten free. Excellent protein source. Good fiber. Winner.
Here is a good quinoa salad to try. It could be lunch. Could be dinner. Could be a side dish. Your call.
Quinoa, black beans, tomatoes, and corn blended in with a creamy cilantro dressing.
What you need to make the magic happen.
Mixture before the quinoa…
Zest your lime.
Serve warm or chilled. Quinoa is so versatile.
Quinoa Corn salad with Cilantro dressing
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup veggie broth
- 1 can black beans, drained (organic if possible)
- 2 cups roasted corn kernels
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes or 14 (quartered)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp onion salt
- 1/2 cup cilantro lime dressing (I used Trader Joe’s brand but anyone cilantro dressing would work)
- zest of half a lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
1) Cook quinoa with veggie broth by adding 1/2 cup quinoa to 1 cup veggie broth. Bring it to a boil, lower heat and let simmer, covered for 15 minutes.
2) Combine beans, corn, tomatoes, olive oil and salt in a bowl
3) Zest your lime over your bean/corn mixture.
4) Add quinoa to your mixture.
5) Stir in cilantro dressing
6) Add salt and pepper to taste
7) Gently toss to incorporate the flavors
Toss in some cilantro and call it a meal.