Okay, my title is cheesy. Calling them wonder waffles might be a stretch. I call them that because I am amazed how simply pouring this combination into a waffle maker can produce such fantastic results. And easy.
Can’t take credit for this one. Waffle maker wins this one.
Whole Wheat and Oats Wonder Waffles
* 4 large or 3 whopping size belgium waffles
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons organic sugar
- 2 packets stevia (or more sugar)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted down (alternately, you could use canola oil)
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
1) Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl.
2) Stir in wet ingredients until just combined.
3) Pour batter onto a preheated and lightly sprayed waffle iron.
4) Top with syrup, applesauce, melted down frozen blueberries or even drizzle pureed bananas….possibilities are endless.