I get asked a lot about what I pack for lunch for my kids. It changes A LOT. They all like different things (of course they do), hate different things (of course they do)….
My goal is to try to keep it simple, but balanced.
In this pack:
Clockwise from the top
- 3 mini, whole-wheat pitas (for mini pizza building)
- low-sodium V8 (Yes, my kid drinks this. Start yours young. Yours will too)
- vegetarian pepperoni, vegan mozzarella cheese (Again, pizza making)
- marinara sauce (pizza)
- apple slices (squirt a bit of lemon juice on them to prevent discoloration)
- snack bag containing: raisins, cashews, a couple pretzels and a dark chocolate square
Now, to get the child to actually eat it….That’s for another post. 🙂