Sounds like an oxymoron right? How can you make a quiche without egg?
Egg-free, Crustless Quiche
- 5-6 oz of extra firm tofu, crumbled
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp flour of choice (I used whole wheat)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped organic bell peppers (Alternately, you could use any chopped vegetable, but the saute time might vary.)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup Daiya shredded cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Spray quiche pan or springform pan (that is all I had!)
- Lightly sauté the vegetables in oil, about 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix together remaining ingredients (crumbled tofu, greek yogurt, mustard, nutritional yeast and flour)
- Stir in the sautéed peppers.
- Spoon the mixture into the pan, spreading to the edges.
- If using cheese, sprinkle on top.
- Bake for approximately 24-30 minutes. This will depend on what size pan you use. Basically cook it until the edges are browning and the top has gotten good and crusty. Cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting and serving.