Figured it was time for some curry….
It’s been a while. So I got to work.
TEMPEH POTATO CURRY (adapted from this Whole Foods recipe)
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 (8-oz) package tempeh, cut into diced-sized cubes
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 tbsp ground curry powder
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 (13.5-oz) can light coconut milk
- 2 medium size potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt (or more to taste)
- In large skillet, bring 1/2 cup broth to simmer over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, and ginger and cook 5 minutes or until onion is translucent and tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in curry powder and cumin and cook for 1 minute. Add coconut milk, potatoes, tempeh, frozen edamame, and remaining cup of broth.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low, cover and cook about 15-20 minutes, or until potatoes and edamame are tender. Stir in garlic salt. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- To serve, spoon curry over rice.