I love the smell of cooked apples.
I feel very Suzy Homemaker when I can time that scent to when the family walks in the door. Here is a recent dessert timed just right for when the school bus did a drop off and left me with two hungry boys.
Healthy Slow Cooker Apple and Pear Crisp
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar (or more brown sugar)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil (slightly soft. If yours is solid, microwave for a few seconds)
- 3-4 cups sliced apples and pears (I left the peels on because mine were organic. Hopefully I convinced you to go organic after this post.)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Stir the first 4 ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add coconut oil and use a fork to scramble it up a bit and make soft crumbs.
- Combine the apples and pears in a large bowl. Stir in half the crumbs, mixing to coat all the apples.
- Pour into your pre-sprayed bowl of the slow cooker.
- Whisk water, sugar and cinnamon together. Pour over apple/pear mixture.
- Top with remaining crumb mixture.
- Place a paper towel over the bowl before putting lid on slow cooker. This will keep it “crisp”.
- Cook on low for 2 hours.
A few pictures to help your process…
What is your favorite slow cooker dessert?
One thought on “Slow Cooker Apple and Pear Crisp (healthified)”
Wow, I’ll get off the bus with them. Yum
Sent from my iPhone