My older son loves nachos.
He likes the “junky” kind. (His name for it). You know the kind.
The nachos with the fake “cheese-like” sauce?
Not to name names, but it rhymes with Melveeta.
He ate these “junky nachos” at a Halloween bash a few nights back and has been asking for them ever since.
I do actually make nachos…healthier ones of course.
It had been a while, so I figured it was time.
- 2 Bags Food Should Taste Good Chips (Love this brand. All flavors rock. this time we did lime)
- 1 can Vegetarian Refried Beans
- 1 can of pre-sliced black olives
- 1 onion (fine chop it)
- Daiya cheddar style shreds (although I didn’t have enough vegan cheese so I had to use some regular cheese as well)
- Trader Joe’s salsa verde (don’t let the green chiles scare you away, this salsa is MILD, MILD, MILD)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Layer your chips on a pre-sprayed baking sheet.
- Using a knife, scoop and slather your chips with the refried beans. (I end up picking up lots of chips and spreading the beans on them and placing them back in the pile)
- Layer onions, black, olives, cheese…
- Layer more chips, beans, onions….you get the idea.
- Cook for 10 minutes. Scoop salsa onto top of your nachos. (I wait the 10 minutes on the salsa so that it does not make your nachos too soggy)
- Cook for another 5 minutes (or until your cheese is melted).