Part of the challenge of eating healthy is that you actually have to COOK. Yes, salads are great and all but in order to feel satiated, you need a real meal otherwise that salad is only going to sustain you for about 10 minutes and off to the cupboard you go. Eat real meals. Like this easy veggie burger.
Here’s how this recipe unfolds….
Quinoa Veggie Burgers
- 3 cups cooked quinoa (follow your quinoa package instructions)
- 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs (make your own by leaving some bread out to stale, and pulse a few times in your food processor until crumbly)
- 1-15 ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large sweet potato, cooked & removed from skin (I did 400 degrees for about 50 minutes)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- Combine black beans, sweet potato, onion, red pepper, garlic, salt, cumin, paprika, and chili powder in a food processor. Pulse until vegetables are fine chopped and mixed.
- Add bread crumbs and process until well mixed.
- Add quinoa and pulse until well mixed.
- Move mixture to a bowl and let rest in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to set.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Form the veggie burger mixture into patties and place on the prepped baking sheet.
- Bake 13 minutes, till burgers are lightly browned on top.
- Flip burgers and broil on Hi for 10 minutes.