While I will not claim for these muffins to be “healthy”, they are a not-so-bad treat and are pretty darn good. I combined a few recipes, tweaked a few ingredients, and came up with these babies. Creamy and sweet, but not over the top.
Raspberry Cream Cheese Muffins
- 2/3 cup (5 ounces) light cream cheese
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups spelt flour (Spelt is an extremely versatile whole grain flour. Awesome for baking, but you can also substitute white whole wheat)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Prepare 12 muffin tins with spray or liners.
- Combine cream cheese and coconut oil in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer at high-speed until well blended.
- Add sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add vanilla and egg. Beat well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl.
- With mixer on low-speed, slowly add the flour mixture to cream cheese mixture.
- Add almond milk and blend for a few more seconds.
- Gently fold in raspberries.
- Spoon batter evenly into muffin tin. Bake at 350° for 22-25 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
One thought on “Whole Grain Raspberry Cream Cheese Muffins”
A must try
Sent from my iPhone