It happens…I’ll see something at Whole Foods or wherever that will catch my eye, I’ll buy it and then said product sits in the cupboard…a long time. Sound like your house?
I dusted off the box finally and went to work. Not to worry, it hadn’t expired.
Brown Rice Noodles with Garlic and Kale
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, fine chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1-14 oz. can light coconut milk
- 1 juice of one lime
- 1 Tbs. coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups chopped kale
- ¼ cup chopped roasted peanuts
1. Add cilantro, garlic, ginger, turmeric, and oil to your food processor bowl and process until green paste forms. (you may need to stop and scrape the bowl down)
2. Heat saucepan over medium heat. Add cilantro mixture, and cook on low for 30 seconds. Stir in coconut milk. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring every once in a while. Stir in lime juice, and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
3. Cook noodles according to package directions.
4. Heat oil in pan over high heat. Add garlic, and stir-fry 20-30 seconds. Add kale, and cook 1 minute. Add soy sauce and stir fry for 1 more minute or until kale is lightly wilted.
5. Add kale to the noodles. Slowly pour in coconut sauce and mix well.
6. Serve noodles topped with chopped peanuts.