Want to get your family to eat chia?
Got a snack for you.
Have you ever made chocolate covered pretzels? So super easy. It is usually my go-to snack to bring in to Valentine’s Day parties at school. I use the long rods and I have always been slightly bugged that they do not make them whole wheat, whole grain or something slightly healthier than enriched wheat. What’s up with that?
You can find whole wheat regular pretzels. It’s just super hard…I know Newman’s makes them.
Or Trader Joes. They have these babies.
So here is the snack. Whole Grain Pretzels sticks, 72% Cacao Dark Chocolate, and Chia Seeds.
Healthy Chocolate Dipped Pretzels with Chia
- 1 bag Whole Grain Pretzels
- 1-2 bars of the darkest chocolate you can find (get those antioxidants!)
- Chia Seeds
1) Melt your chocolate bar down in a small bowl in the microwave in 15 second intervals, stirring in between (Don’t overdo the microwaving. Don’t want any burnt chocolate. That would be tragic :(. I always leave a tiny bit of chocolate unmelted and by the time I am ready for it, it is good to go)
2) Dip your pretzels into the chocolate, about a third of the way up. (I also use a knife to help me spread it.)
3) Dip the chocolate into the chia seeds.
4) Lay the pretzels on the wax paper and allow to set. (You can speed up the process a bit if you put them on wax paper and then set in the fridge)
Kids loved them, although my oldest complained about chia in her braces. #chiaproblems