Me too. However, when I have seen the baked tortilla bowl-like things on the internet, the recipe calls for them to be baked on the backside of a muffin tin. The muffin tin creates the mold and the corn tortilla bakes into this cool lipped, edible bowl thing. As fun as they are, I alway felt like it was such a waste of space because you can only fit a few tortillas on the back of the muffin tin. That said, I have been wanting to try this for quite some time, but in my own attempt I wanted to save some space and use the actual muffin compartments..Here goes nothing!
Baked Corn Tortilla Cups with Beans and Salsa
▪ cooking spray
▪ 12 6-inch corn tortillas
▪ 1 can refried beans
1 can chopped tomatoes with lime and chiles
▪1 jar of your favorite salsa
▪ shredded cheese of choice
▪avocado (cut into cubes)
▪ hot sauce (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray the muffin tin with cooking spray.
3. Wrap the tortillas into a paper towel and microwave for 40-50 seconds. (this is what makes the tortilla pliable, the heat!!)
4. Mold the tortillas into the muffin tins, layering the sides if need be.
5. Distribute the refried beans on the bottoms of each cup. (this will help maintain the cup shape of the tortilla once the beans are in there)
6. Top with the tomato/chile mixture.
8. Sprinkle cheese.
6. Top with the salsa.
9. Bake 15-20 minutes
10. Add a couple avocado cubes
11. Add hot sauce if desired, but duh, YES!