Happy Meatless Monday!
Want to get your kids to eat salad? Make it a taco salad. No kid can refuse that, right?
Here is an easy one you could make in your sleep. Or blindfolded. Or with one hand tied behind your back.
- 2 cups of your favorite mild salsa
- 2 cups corn
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (optional. For picky kids you can leave this out, but with only 1/4 cup in this whole salad?? Might be a great time to “un-do” the pickiness and leave them in)
- 3/4 cup chopped black olives (again, optional. My kids actually love black olives and yes, I am surprised by this because I couldn’t stand them when I was younger.)
- Chopped romaine lettuce (healthier than iceberg!)
- Healthy tortilla chip of choice (whole grain, low-sodium, 3+ grams of fiber per serving…)