Healthy Fried Fish.
Sounds like an oxymoron, right?
Although this is in fact a fried dish, I was sure to make this as healthy as possible using a great cooking oil that will not break down at high temperatures. High heat is BAD news for olive oil. Never use EVOO for stir frying or for any other high heat recipes for that matter. If you are unsure about why I use certain oils in some recipes, you can check out this post.
Back to the recipes.
This was not time consuming. Yes, takes a tad bit of prep, but once I got started it was nothing.
Check it out.
Healthy Fish and Chips
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (or flour of choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cups water
- 3 cups organic corn flakes
- 4 Alaskan cod fillets (about 1 1/2 lbs total)
- 2 tablespoons grape seed oil
- Mix flour and salt in a bowl or shallow dish.
- In another shallow dish, beat egg and water with fork.
- Place crushed cereal in a third shallow dish.
- Dip fish in flour on both sides. Shake off any excess.
- Next dip floured fish in egg mixture on both sides.
- Repeat with the cereal, coating all sides completely.
- Place coated fish on the side in a plate.
- Repeat with remaining fish.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook fish in oil 4-5 minutes on each side, turning once, until well browned and fish flakes easily with fork.
2 thoughts on “Healthy Fried Fish”
This really sounds good…sometimes I’m at a loss as far as how to fry fish…..can’t go wrong with this one
Yes, it was family approved! As a matter of fact, people were wanting more when we were all out. Oops 🙂