Like a good cream sauce minus the cream? Got one for you.
Get this stuff.
Cook this stuff.
Wind up with this.
Here is your recipe.
Dairy Free Alfredo Sauce
I poured mine over whole wheat angel hair pasta
- 16 oz (1 lb) box of Whole Wheat Angel Hair
- 2 1/4 cups cashews
- 1 (2.5 oz) package of pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon thyme spice
- 1/2-1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Daiya mozzarella cheese (or regular mozzarella cheese if you do not care about it remaining dairy-free)
What to do:
1) Put all ingredients (except for your Daiya) in your high-speed blender or food processor. Blend until it is super creamy. It may take some time, be patient!
2) Cook your pasta according to package directions.
3) Drain and then return to the pan.
4) Add your Daiya cheese to the heated pasta and stir to combine. The heat of the pasta should help melt it down.
5) Add your sauce. Gently stir to combine.
Disclaimer: My 9 year old did not like this recipe. Everyone else did :).