Although hummus is relatively inexpensive, it is always nice to make your own. I think the key to making your own hummus is really getting that consistency down. You want it to be smooth and creamy or else no one will eat it. This one fit the bill.
I especially like this one because it has pumpkin.
Pumpkin Hummus Dip
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can of organic garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained (or chick peas…you know they are the same right?)
- 3/4 cup pumpkin (Love that it has whopping amounts of Vitamin A and fiber)
- juice of 1 1/2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Put garbanzo beans, pumpkin, lemon juice, water, garlic, salt and pepper into food processor. Blend for 1 minute or until smooth. Stir in chopped parsley.