5 Ingredients, 5 Steps
5 Ingredient Lentil-Stuffed Delicata Squash
- 3 delicata squash
- 1 package lentils 17. 6 oz (or 2 1/2 cups cooked lentils)
- 2 cups of your favorite marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup Vegan Parmesan (alternately, you could just use nutritional yeast or regular parmesan if you are not dairy-free)
- Bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Unless you have really good knives, you’ll want to microwave your squash for a couple of minutes before cutting into them. I do not :(. I pierce the squash 7 or 8 times and then pop them in the microwave for 2 or 3 minutes to soften a tiny bit.
- Slice in half. Scoop out the seeds. Place on baking sheet and cook for 50-60 minutes or until soft.
- While the squash is cooking, mix lentils, sauce, and almond parmesan.
- When squash is done, scoop mixture into hollowed out squash. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake for 10 more minutes.