Love a good edible bowl. Sourdough bread bowls filled with soup, lettuce cups, or even my lentil stuffed delicata squash recipe…
Today’s edible bowl is the oh so cute acorn squash. This recipe is similar in concept to the delicata recipe, but different flavors. Still easy and healthy.
Check out how this one goes down.
Taco stuffed acorn squash bowls
- 3 acorn squash
- 1 can organic black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup-1 cup salsa
- 1-4 oz can diced green chiles
- 1-3. 8 oz can sliced black olives
- “healthier” tortilla chips (Look for something low-sodium with the most amount of fiber. The brand Food Should Taste Good has many great chip options for this recipe)
- shredded cheese of choice
- To roast acorn squash, set your oven to 350 and roast for about 35-45 minutes. I normally roast cut side up, but people do it several ways.
- While your squash is roasting, combine beans, salsa, green chiles, and black olives in a bowl and mix to incorporate.
- Add cheese to the top and bake for 10 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Add chips. Serve it up.