Made these dinner muffins and added a kid-friendly, veggie-dog-center.
This recipe is adapted from this cornbread recipe, over at lunchboxbunch.com
Whole Grain Veggie Dog Muffins
- 3/4 cup almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 4 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- dash of baking soda
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, (or regular if you are not needing a vegan recipe)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 3 veggie dogs
- muffin liners or cooking spray for muffin tins
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Prepare your muffin tin with liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
3. In a mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients and mix well.
4. Add in the liquids. Fold to combine.
5. Pour into prepared tin.
6. Cut each veggie dog into 4 sections, so you should wind up with 12 small pieces.
7. Place one veggie dog in the center of each tin, pressing down so that the batter surrounds the piece.
8. Bake for 23-25 minutes – or until edges become browned.