Veggie Fried Rice?
Veggie Fried Bulgur.
This one was kind of fun to make. Bulgur already has an awesome texture and adding scrambled egg in unlikely places is always a win. Give this one a whirl and let me know what you think.
Vegetable Fried Bulgur
- 1 cup bulgur
- 2 cups veggie broth (you could use water, but I think the vegetable broth adds more flavor)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 1/2-2 cups fine chopped veggies (see picture)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 4 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sriarcha sauce (optional)
- Combine bulgur and broth in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover, reduce heat to low. Simmer until the liquid is absorbed, 12 to 15 minutes. Drain any excess liquid.
- Spread the bulgur out on a large plate with a paper towel and let stand for 10-15 minutes (to cool and dry it out.)
- While the bulgur is cooling, spray a large skillet with cooking spray. Set to medium heat.
- Scramble eggs, lightly, not overdone, maybe 30-45 seconds? Transfer to a small bowl.
- Same pan….heat grapeseed oil in the pan over medium-high.
- Add vegetables, garlic and ginger. Cook until the vegetables are just tender, stirring the entire time (about 2 minutes).
- Add the cooked bulgur, soy sauce and vinegar to the pan, cooking until the liquid is absorbed, still stirring constantly, another 1-2 more minutes.
- Fold in the scrambled eggs.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in sesame oil and optional Sriracha.