We all love fruit in salad.
Pears are one of those things that usually show up in salads around this time of year.
A winter or holiday thing, right?
Thought it was fitting that I add a post with a pear salad. Great for your holiday gathering. Or for whenever.
A Super Easy Winter Salad
…with Pears and Candied Walnuts.
My usual “pictorial” play-by-play of the recipe.
Winter Salad with Pears and Candied Walnuts
- 1 teaspoon grapeseed oil
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 Tbs. white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp honey mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2- 5 oz bags of mixed greens
- 2 pears, cored and chopped
1. For the Walnuts: Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add nuts and sugar. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
2. For the Dressing: Whisk together all ingredients
3. For the Salad: Combine greens and pears in a bowl. Drizzle dressing over salad and toss. Sprinkle with nuts.