We all love fruit in salad.
Pears are one of those things that usually show up in salads around this time of year.
A winter or holiday thing, right?
Thought it was fitting that I add a post with a pear salad. Great for your holiday gathering. Or for whenever.
A Super Easy Winter Salad
…with Pears and Candied Walnuts.
My usual “pictorial” play-by-play of the recipe.
Winter Salad with Pears and Candied Walnuts
- 1 teaspoon grapeseed oil
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 Tbs. white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp honey mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2- 5 oz bags of mixed greens
- 2 pears, cored and chopped
1. For the Walnuts: Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add nuts and sugar. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
2. For the Dressing: Whisk together all ingredients
3. For the Salad: Combine greens and pears in a bowl. Drizzle dressing over salad and toss. Sprinkle with nuts.
One thought on “A Super Easy Winter Salad…with Pears and Candied Walnuts”
Everything looks so yummy! Thanks for all the great ideas.