Got a slow cooker? Use it. Especially this time of year.
Hearty Bean and Barley Soup in the Slow Cooker
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cups veggie broth
- 1/4 cup celery, fine-chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, fine-chopped
- 1-15 oz can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-15 oz can organic kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-15 oz can cream corn
- 1 14.5 oz can fire roasted tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup quick-cook barley
- Add all ingredients except for your quick cooking barley. Give it a big stir.
- Cook on low for one hour.
- Add your barley. Stir.
- Cook on low for one more hour. Stir.
- Remove bay leaf and enjoy!