Do you shop at Trader Joe’s? If not, you should. Three words: Inexpensive, Organic, Produce. Period.
If you don’t have a Trader Joe’s near you, you have my sympathies…
And I suggest you put your house on the market and move closer to one. Ya, it’s worth it.
Lemon Kale Salad
- 1-10 oz bag chopped kale
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- juice from 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon everyday seasoning
- 1/3 cup vegan parmesan (or regular parmesan would work as well)
- In a small bowl add garlic, lemon juice, oil, salt, and everyday seasoning. Whisk it up!
- Chop your kale. Although the kale in the bag is already chopped, fine chop the kale again, so that your dressing can really soak into the smaller leaves and will better absorb through the fibers.
- Pour the lemon dressing onto the kale and toss well. Place in fridge for 1-2 hours, tossing the salad every 15 minutes or so to redistribute the dressing a bit. (This step is important because kale is a fibrous green and the dressing needs time to soak.)
- Add your vegan parm and toss again.
2 thoughts on “Lemon Kale Salad”
is this the one we had with you???? I loveeeeeedddd it
Yes, Rachelle, this is the one that I made and brought to Kristen’s Christmas night. The salad that I made on Christmas Eve is the winter salad from a few weeks ago with mixed greens, pear and pomegranate dressing (with the candied walnuts). 🙂