Remember my post about Ezeikel Bread? Guess what. Food for Life (the Ezekiel bread people) make other stuff besides bread, like these wraps.
Of course you do not have to use Ezekiel Tortilla. If you are just starting your health journey, start small and buy straight up whole wheat tortillas. Still be delish. :).
Try this yummy dessert-snack-breakfast-could be a meal recipe by following these directions.
Healthy Fruit and Protein Wrap
For the spread:
- 6-7oz silken firm tofu (Eyeball it. Don’t stress on it being exact. It’ll still work.)
- 3 Tbs. natural peanut butter (No Jif, Skippy or any of that other nonsense. Your peanut butter should just be peanuts. And maybe some salt.)
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 3 Tbs. Honey
- 2 tsp cinnamon
1) Mash it really good OR process in the food processor until creamy (what I did)
- 1 package sprouted tortilla (or whole wheat tortilla)
- 2-3 apples, shredded or fine chopped (I used granny smith, but use what you have!)
- 1 cup seedless grapes, halved
- 6 halved red seedless grapes
1) Spread tofu/peanut butter mixture on tortilla.
2) Place grated apple and grapes on top.
3) Roll up tortilla, folding in sides as you go.
4) Slice and serve.