Veggies and what??
If you haven’t bought it yet, get out of your chicken breast comfort zone and give it a chance.
Veggies and Seitan
(Cooked to perfection in parchment)
- the juice of one orange
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 5-6 carrots, sliced on bias
- 1 8-oz. pkg. Seitan, drained and sliced (if it is not already cubed or in pieces)
- ½ cup dried cherries (or cranberries)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut 5 sheets of parchment paper, and set aside.
- Whisk together orange juice, oil, garlic, and pepper in large bowl. Add broccoli, carrots, parsnips, Seitan, and dried cherries and toss to coat with juice mixture. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Arrange 1/5 of vegetables on one sheet of parchment. Fold parchment over food overlapping, then tuck in sides. Flip over onto baking sheet (so that tucked sides are down…trap that heat!)
- Repeat with remaining vegetables and parchment.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Let stand 2 minutes before serving.
- Serve on top of grain of choice. Brown rice, farro, or quinoa. I did quinoa this time 🙂