Need a dish for an upcoming barbecue? Here is a lightened up Pasta Salad made with whole wheat pasta and gobs of veggies. Hence the name. “Veggie Infused Pasta Salad”.
Here is how this recipe goes down.
Veggie Infused Pasta Salad
- 1-16oz package whole-wheat noodles (I used Fusilli, but you could use elbows, penne… whatever you are feelin’!)
- 3/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1- 5.3 oz container plain greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons organic sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon everyday seasoning
- 1 tsp sriracha (or more, I would have tripled this if it was just for me but the goal was to keep this kid friendly!)
- 1/4-1/2 cup veggie broth (depends on how thick or thin you like your sauce)
- 1 bag broccoli slaw
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (I used Soycutash from Trader Joe’s, see picture above.)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional, but again I added cheese to make it more kid friendly)
1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain. Transfer to a large bowl to cool.
2. Whisk together the light mayonnaise, greek yogurt, sugar, salt, everyday seasoning, sriracha and veggie broth in a medium bowl.
3. Mix noodles, frozen vegetables and broccoli slaw with mayonnaise mixture, stirring well to combine.
4. Cover and refrigerate to let flavors set. 2-3 hours. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Mix in optional cheese just before serving.