Need mealtime inspiration? Try these healthy quesadillas that are super easy because they partially involve your slow cooker. Who doesn’t love less work? This girl.
Begin like so.
Gather up the rest of your ingredients.
1- 3lb. bag Sweet Potatoes
1 tablespoon Cumin
1 tablespoons Chili Powder
2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
1 teaspoon Salt
1-2 cups Frozen Corn (thawed)
1 package Baby Organic Spinach
2 packages Soft Tortillas of choice (but you are using whole grain right??)
1 package Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1. Wash sweet potatoes. Place in slow cooker, cover and set on low for 6 hours.
2. Step away from the kitchen. Go to work, do laundry, or go to the movies. Don’t worry, your sweet potatoes will be done and ready for you when you return for the quesadilla process. Trust!
3. Peel your perfectly cooked sweet potatoes and place in food processor. Add cumin, chili powder, garlic powder and salt. Pulse a few times to break up the big chunks and incorporate seasonings.
4. Scrape down sides. Add corn. Pulse a couple of more times.
5. Build your quesadilla. Spread sweet potato mixture onto 1 tortilla; cover with spinach leaves and cheese. Cover with another tortilla.
6. Spray a pan with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Cook quesadilla on the hot pan until cheese is melted and slightly crispy. 2 to 3 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining quesadillas. Slice into wedges and serve.
One thought on “Sweet Potato and Spinach Quesadillas”
Another must try