Love a good comfort meal. Especially this vegan meal with pumpkin and sweet potato. This one was going down.
Look how easy…
Slow cooker sweet potato vegetarian chili
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 14 ounce cans fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup veggie broth
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 15.5-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15.5-ounce can dark kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup pumpkin
- In a slow cooker, combine the onion, red pepper, garlic, chili powder, cumin, cocoa, cinnamon, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- Combine the tomatoes (and their liquid), beans, sweet potato, pumpkin and 1 cup veggie broth. Add to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook until the potatoes are tender and the chili has thickened, on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours.