Either you love it or hate it.
I love it and I am always looking for ways to get more calcium into the body. Did you know that blackstrap molasses has calcium?
Never mind the calcium. These cookies have a ton of other awesome ingredients.
Just take a look at that list. Begging to be made!
Molasses Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil (or canola)
- 2 tbl of dark molasses
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/4 tsp powdered ginger
- 1 bag Ghirardelli 60% dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Whisk together the oil, molasses, honey, eggs, and vanilla.
- Add almond meal.
- Then stir in flaxseed meal, flour, ginger, and chocolate chips. Combine well.
- I made these babies big. Drop heaping spoonfuls onto your prepared baking sheet. (I use parchment, but you could grease it)
- Bake 18-20 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
The 10 year old My Foodie Call member did NOT like these.
The other two My Foodie Call kids loved these. I even got a compliment..woohoo.
Hmmmm, must be the pickiness factor.
We all have one. Do you have one family member that seems to reject things more than the other?