SC is officially cold enough for soup. Thankfully it is not supposed to last. I am a total wimp.
In the meantime, here is a good soup recipe that I found here. The only thing that I changed from the original recipe was the olive oil to coconut oil. Not a big fan of sauteing things in olive oil. Olive oil is not meant to be heated to high temperatures, hence the swap out for coconut oil.
The My Foodie Call kids helped me with this recipe. Yay, me.
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger, minced
- 4 cups chopped and peeled carrots (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- dash nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, sauté the onions and ginger in coconut oil until soft, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add carrots and vegetable broth.
- Allow to simmer for about 40 minutes, or until carrots are soft.
- Add orange juice and stir well.
- Carefully pour into your blender, and process soup until smooth.
- Return to pot or serving bowl and add nutmeg, salt and pepper, stirring well.