One pot meals are awesome. Less dishes=less work.
I got this recipe from Eating Well. Although I modified a tiny bit on the veggies.
I modified the recipe slightly on the veggies to cut out some chopping time. Time saver!
Cauliflower and Squash Whole Grain Penne
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed olive oil
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 8 ounces whole-wheat penne (about 3 cups of dry pasta)
- 1-12 oz package cauliflower florets (if they are large, break into 1 inch pieces)
- 1-12 oz package peeled and cut butternut squash
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, thyme and crushed red pepper and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add broth, penne, cauliflower and squash. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, uncovered, until the pasta is tender and the liquid is thickened. 12 to 14 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in pepper and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve topped with cheese.