Try these healthy “meat”balls with a little surprise cheesy center.
A closer look.
Spaghetti and Lentil “Meat”Balls
- 1 17.6 oz package Pre-cooked lentils (Mine pictured here are from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 chopped onion
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 tablespoon fresh, chopped parsley
- 1 block of cheese of choice
- Add all the ingredients into your food processor bowl, pulse a few times and then and process 20- 30 seconds.
- Scoop into pre-sprayed muffin tins, but only filling half way.
- Add a small rectangle cube of block cheese. Top with more lentil mixture.
- Cook in the oven at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
- Make spaghetti according the directions. Make sure it is 100% whole wheat, not multigrain…first ingredient should read WHOLE WHEAT. Add sauce.