Posted at 8:00 pm
Try these healthy “meat”balls with a little surprise cheesy center.
Spaghetti and Lentil “Meat”Balls.
A closer look.
Gather your goods. Do you have these items? If not, get shopping.
And buy this too if you want the cheesy center.
Spray your mini muffin tins….
Scoop in your lentil mixture…
Cheese cube for the center.
Add more lentil mixture and bake it up….
Add your spaghetti and done. Whole wheat spaghetti, of course.
Spaghetti and Lentil “Meat”Balls
- 1 17.6 oz package Pre-cooked lentils (Mine pictured here are from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 chopped onion
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 tablespoon fresh, chopped parsley
- 1 block of cheese of choice
- Add all the ingredients into your food processor bowl, pulse a few times and then and process 20- 30 seconds.
- Scoop into pre-sprayed muffin tins, but only filling half way.
- Add a small rectangle cube of block cheese. Top with more lentil mixture.
- Cook in the oven at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
- Make spaghetti according the directions. Make sure it is 100% whole wheat, not multigrain…first ingredient should read WHOLE WHEAT. Add sauce.
Posted at 8:00 pm
Need a fast meal idea?
And this salad doubles as a meal.
And it only has 3 ingredients…(or 4).
Lentil and Mixed Greens Salad.
Lentil Mixed Greens Salad
- 1- 50z package Baby Spring Mix (or mixed greens)
- 1 package pre-cooked lentils
- 1/3 cup dressing + more for drizzling… (I used Trader Joe’s Cilantro, but you really can use any dressing!)
- The optional “4th” ingredient: Tortilla chips on the side, but with chips? Highly recommend!
Yes, these are all Trader Joe’s products, but they sell all of these things elsewhere. No excuses!
Stir in 1/3 cup dressing into your lentils.
Place lentils on your mixed greens, drizzle with a bit more dressing. Add your chips.