I love carrot cake, minus the raisins. Love raisins, just not in my cakes, cookies, or any other baked goods. They just do not belong there. Kind of like walnuts do not belong in brownies. Love walnuts, but just don’t mess up a moist brownie with a nut. Just my opinion.
Flourless Carrot Cake Bars
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 in pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, almond meal, cinnamon, salt, sugar, baking soda, and baking powder until they are well-combined.
- Add the egg, vanilla, and applesauce to a small bowl and whisk until combined.
- Add to dry mixture and stir until fully incorporated.
- Stir in the carrots.
- Spread into prepared pan and bake for 14-18 minutes.
- Cut into squares.