Would your family freak if they saw a green topping like this?
What’s with kids, green foods, and their fight or flight response??
Is it because they know that greens equate to health? Is their scrunched up rejection face their body’s emergency response? “Reject green food no matter what the heck it tastes like…”
On this particular night I just got the eye roll as we sat down.
No actual complaints. Shocker.
Whole Wheat Mini Pitas with Spinach and Artichoke
Inspired by the Creamy Spinach and Artichoke Dip Recipe in Cooking with Trader Joe’s
- 1-16 oz bag frozen chopped spinach, thawed and excess liquid squeezed out
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and fine chopped
- 1-8oz container vegan cream cheese (or light cream cheese if you do not need for it to be vegan)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 2-3 packages whole wheat mini pita breads
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Add all ingredients to your food processor bowl and pulse until desired consistency. (I blended this up pretty good because this family does not do chunky.)
3) Arrange your mini pitas on a prepared baking sheet.
4) Spread dip on each pita. Bake for 20 minutes.
5) Repeat with the rest of your pitas or save the dip for future use (a veggie dip, a spread for your sandwich, thin it out for an awesome salad dressing???)