Posted at 8:00 pm
Cheesy, baked whole wheat pasta and has 4 different veggies.
Is pasta your go-to meal when you are in a time crunch? Yah, me too. Try this one to amp up the veggies in your diet.
Check it out.
Cook your pasta.
Crushed tomatoes. Veggie #1.
An entire can of pumpkin. Veggie #2.
Peas and Carrots. Holy Moly. Veggie #’s 3 and 4.
Big dose of cheese.
Whole Wheat Vegetable Baked Pasta
- 1 lb small whole wheat penne (or other shape, doesn’t matter…)
- 1-28 oz can crushed tomatoes (I used the crushed tomatoes with basil)
- 1-16 oz bag frozen peas and carrots blend
- 1-15 oz can of pumpkin
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella (try to get low-sodium if possible)
- 4 tsp dry parsley
- 1 Tbs dry oregano
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2) Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a bowl.
3) Gently stir in tomatoes, vegetables, pumpkin, 1 cup cheese, and seasonings.
4) Spoon it all into a prepared 9×13″ baking dish.
5) Sprinkle the last amount of cheese over the top of the pasta.
6) Bake until cheese is melted on top, about 35-45 minutes.
7) Let pasta set for 5-10 minutes.