Homemade energy bars are great, but can be time-consuming. My King Bars are a family favorite, but sometimes I get lazy. I found this 3 ingredient recipe on the Kitchn, modified it slightly and was pretty happy with the results.
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Energy Bars
- 1 1/2 cups organic peanuts
- 1 1/2 cups pitted Medjool dates
- 1 cup Ghirardelli dark chocolate chips, divided into 2
- Line an 8-inch x 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Add the peanuts and dates in a food processor. Pulse 10 times. Remove the lid and break apart any clumps of dates.
- Process this time continuously for 2-3 minutes until the ingredients clump together.
- Add 1/2 of the chocolate to the peanut-date mixture.
- Replace the lid and pulse a couple of times to incorporate the chocolate.
- Transfer the mixture to the dish. Spread and press the mixture using parchment paper (so that the mixture doesn’t stick to your hands)
- Melt the remaining 1/2 of chocolate chips in 15-second increments in the microwave, stirring in between.
- Pour the melted chocolate onto the bars and spread it in a thin layer so that it covers the top.
- Pop the pan in the freezer for 20-25 minutes to firm.
- Cut into bars.
- Transfer them to the fridge and store them until they are devoured!
2 thoughts on “PB & C Energy Bars (3 ingredients)”
Kerrie…does Trader Joe’s have those dates???going Tomorrow and thought I would pick them up
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 00:21:41 +0000 To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, just saw this. Yes Trader Joes definitely has medjool dates. Check the refrigerator section!