Thanksgiving is almost here, hooray. I can’t wait to make my vegetarian “stuffing in a pumpkin.” It’s been two years since I have made it and I’m bringing it back. Then one of my favorite times of the year.
Egg Nog season. LOVE IT.
Decided to blend the holidays in this dessert.
Vegan Eggnog in my pumpkin pie?
One caveat to this recipe. After it is baked, it needs to set in the refrigerator over night, so plan ahead. But seriously, the recipe itself is so dang easy, who cares if it needs some chillin time.
Love the dairy-free egg nog brands out there.
This pie has no egg and does not need much additional sugar because of the sweetness from the Nog Coconut Milk. I also love that in this pie I was able to use molasses. Remember that molasses is a great source of calcium??
Vegan “Egg” Nog Pumpkin Pie
- 1 can pumpkin
- 1 cup non-dairy eggnog
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (or sucanat)
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 Tbs. dark molasses
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. grated nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- store-bought pie crust (vegan if you care)
- Whipped topping (I used TruWhip, a healthier “Cool Whip”)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In large bowl, use a hand mixer to blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Pour into crust. Bake 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F; bake until filling is set, 45- 50 minutes.
- Set on wire rack to cool, then refrigerate overnight.
- Top with whipped topping.
Also….**I am taking a blogging break for a few days to enjoy Thanksgiving. Hope everyone enjoys their time with their own families. See you next week!**
3 thoughts on “Vegan Eggnog Pumpkin Pie”
Two of my fave things in one! Looks delicious! I must try 🙂
This looks and sounds fabulous!
Pingback: Vegan “Egg” Nog French Toast | myfoodiecall