Yikes. It’s been a week since my last post. I don’t like to go that long between posts.
Three days is usually the longest I like to go.
We just wrapped up Spring Break. I was busy. Wish I could say busy doing what, but I guess I’ll just go with busy doing the mama thing. At least I can recall one fun thing we did.
Do you remember what the Kids’ Taste and See is? I blogged about our February Kids Taste and See here.
This event was no different from last. Different home, but still…
What would a Kids Taste and See be without a little disorder?
For our meal preparation, we had three stations.
Station 1: Our Spinach Mango Salad
Station 2: Our Vegan Pesto Pasta
Station 3: Sesame Cherry Chewies
(Dessert= All the kids care about.)
Next, our peanut butter was combined with dried cherries, oats and our dessert was born.
Mango Summer Salad
(Adapted from Cooking With Trader Joe’s-Skinny Dish)
- 2- 5oz bags Organic Baby Spinach
- 12 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 ripe mango, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 2 cups frozen roasted corn, thawed
- 2-15 oz can garbanzo beans
- 1/2 cup balsamic white vinegar
- 4 Tbsp Slivered Almonds
- Fine chop spinach and basil
- Combine all ingredients in a large salad bowl. Toss and Serve.
Whole Wheat Rotini with Vegan Pesto Sauce
(From Oh She Glows)
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 2 15-oz can navy/cannellini beans (1.5 cups)
• 1 tbsp water
• 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
• 4-6 tbsp fresh lemon juice
• 1/2 tsp kosher salt
• You can add olive oil to taste if you prefer!
Add garlic clove to processor and process until finely chopped. Now add in the rest of the ingredients to taste and process until smooth, scraping down the bowl as necessary.
2-16 oz packages of whole wheat rotini
Cook pasta according to package directions
Sesame Cherry Chewies
(From Cooking With Trader Joe’s- Skinny Dish)
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups organic natural peanut butter
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup agave nectar
- 1 cup dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mix together all ingredients in a bowl. Drop 1/2 inch balls onto a cookie sheet. Lightly press cookies to flatten slightly.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, until lightly browned. Watch carefully as these cookies can burn quickly.
- Cool on a rack.
To conclude, I thought I would include two more of Landon’s photos.