My daughter is a huge pasta junky. It’s a pretty safe bet that anytime we eat out she’ll get something “noodle-y” (a word??) She was the inspiration behind this next recipe except this time it was all about the Lo Mein noodles.
Whole wheat. Even better.
Lo Mein Noodle Salad
Adapted from this original from Vegetarian Times.
- 8 oz. package whole wheat lo mein noodles
- 12 Tbs. sweet chile sauce
- 4 Tbs. lime juice
- 1-10 oz. bag shredded cabbage
- 2 purple carrots, sliced into thin coins (or you could just use regular carrots)
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 cup toasted unsalted cashews, chopped
- Prepare lo mein noodles according to package directions.
- Whisk together sweet chile sauce and lime juice in a small bowl.
- Combine noodles, cabbage, carrots, and chickpeas in a large bowl. Add chile sauce mixture, and toss well.
- Top with toasted cashews.